This is incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIWQLT2URYQ

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:39 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Re: Bishop Williamson
Incredible in what sense?

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:15 pm

Bishop Williamson knows much more about what's going on in the society than we do. He has a large following with many of the more "conservative" SSPX priests and laity. It seems to me that a split in the Society is not out of the question even after the good news that came out after the Chapter meeting.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:45 pm

See this too :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK7XAw0y ... sponse_rev

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:59 pm

Bravo BW he said what we were all thinking

Thank God someone is standing up for the truth

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:54 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Gandolfo 1958 wrote:
Bravo BW he said what we were all thinking

I'm not convinced that's true. Having kept a close eye on Cathinfo, Fisheaters, and IA for the past few months, I would say there are ten or fifteen very determined posters on the Web who would agree with this (and few of those would ever darken the door of an SSPX chapel). On quite a large number of threads relating to this, one sees three or four posters speaking amongst themselves (and sometimes it is literally two posters, back and forth for pages), almost as if they are trying to create an impression that people are interested in their view. There is precious little evidence that the opinion is held even by a large minority of SSPX people.

There are worrying factors in the SSPX at present, but my reading is that Bishop Williamson's support has declined as a result of the past few months, especially amongst the SSPX clergy, when it could and should have increased.

I doubt if there's a split it will involve more than a dozen priests, probably significantly fewer.

The real worry is the liberalising effect all this talk about recognition by Modernist "rome" is having on the faithful. Hopefully the appointment of Muller will counterbalance it somewhat. He's as clear a heretic as Kasper, and that's a high bar to get over!

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:30 am
Profile E-mail

Well, John, up to a short time before the General Chapter a split looked absolutely inevitable, didn't it ? Two things changed this : 1. neo-Rome decided it didn't want a deal after all and hence deliberately went back on all that +Fellay had been led to expect and presented him with a "clearly unacceptable" text; 2. the General Chapter hit on the only solution capable of avoiding or at least postponing the split - shackling +Fellay and making its own fairly tough-line declaration to neo-Rome, while still leaving him in charge.

This has suddenly created a new situation for the faithful-to-Archbishop-Lefebvre (right wing) faction and they are reacting in different ways. Some of them haven't cottoned on at all to the fact that there isn't going to be a deal and they are still getting ready for it. They think the contrary signs are bluff. Others are disappointed that the split didn't happen and they may have various motives, good or bad, for this. There are those who feel so let down by +Fellay that they judge they must continue to campaign for his removal. There are others who are reluctant to shelve their plans for the post-split era. These people are out to bring about a split themselves if it doesn't happen spontaneously. Finally there are those who think that at present there are not sufficient grounds for splitting the Society and who are therefore waiting to see if (a) the sudden outbreak of peace is going to last, and (b) +Fellay is going to give up or renew the behaviour that has caused so much scandal among faithful Catholics.

One danger I see is that those who insist either that Fellay must go or that a split must occur, however noble their motives, may be failing to note that a declaration of war is never well received by most people except in the immediate wake of a grave outrage. That is not at present the case. If they attempt to stir up some outrage by reminding people of some of +Fellay's more regrettable words and acts of days, weeks or months ago, the effect is likely to be insufficient. They may very well bring about a premature split, spearheaded by a tiny group destined to remain tiny, which will vaccinate others against jumping ship when and if a more credible, or even necessary, moment comes.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:45 pm

John Daly wrote:
One danger I see is that those who insist either that Fellay must go or that a split must occur, however noble their motives, may be failing to note that a declaration of war is never well received by most people except in the immediate wake of a grave outrage. That is not at present the case. If they attempt to stir up some outrage by reminding people of some of +Fellay's more regrettable words and acts of days, weeks or months ago, the effect is likely to be insufficient. They may very well bring about a premature split, spearheaded by a tiny group destined to remain tiny, which will vaccinate others against jumping ship when and if a more credible, or even necessary, moment comes.

This makes much sense. I can't help but wonder why wouldn't the few that want a split be able to see this as a probable scenario? Or is it a case of striking now whilst the iron is hot lest they lose the opportunity for a split at all? I can't imagine things getting as hot as they were over the past few months for quite some time.

On the last day, when the general examination takes place, there will be no question at all on the text of Aristotle, the aphorisms of Hippocrates, or the paragraphs of Justinian. Charity will be the whole syllabus.

- St. Robert Bellarmine

Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:44 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Katie wrote:
This makes much sense. I can't help but wonder why wouldn't the few that want a split be able to see this as a probable scenario? Or is it a case of striking now whilst the iron is hot lest they lose the opportunity for a split at all? I can't imagine things getting as hot as they were over the past few months for quite some time.

Maybe because they want the split to be the other side's fault. So they'll provoke expulsion then complain about it? This tactic has a rich history in the SSPX, '83 being a prime example...

Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:38 pm
Profile E-mail

The pastor of the SSPX chapel that I attend, Fr Kevin Robinson, seems to think that Bp Williamson is basically on his way out. Apparently Fr Joseph Pfeiffer, Fr Chazal and others have already split from the Society. I cannot help but wonder if this was Rome's plan all along: a "divide and conquer" approach.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Please keep Bishop Williamson in your prayers. I think the situation is such that he must finally decide what his future is. Pray for him.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:58 pm
Profile E-mail