It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:34 pm

Another Prayer Request 

New post Another Prayer Request
Would you please say a few prayers for my 91 year old father who suffered his 4th heart attact and is undergoing dialysis and probably won't last the week.

Thank You in advance!

Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:27 pm
Site Admin

New post 
Definitely.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:32 am
Profile E-mail

New post Prayers for 91 year old father.
Yes.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:56 pm
Profile E-mail

New post 
Will do.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:18 am

New post 
count me in.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:48 pm
Site Admin

New post 
Any news, Dennis?

Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:18 pm
Profile E-mail

New post 
Update: My father passed away on Tues., Oct 30th. The wake is Friday, Nov.2nd with a recitation of the Holy Rosary at 7pm. Interment is Sat. morning at 10 am.

Thank you for all your prayers. May God richly bless you all.

Yours in Christ,
Dennis

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:25 am

New post 91 year old father.
OK. I think we should remember his soul in our prayers for the souls in purgatory. It would help if we knew at least his first name.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:14 am
Profile E-mail

New post 
His name is Joseph Tucholski (R.I.P.)

Thank you all again.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:47 pm
Site Admin

New post 
Nostradennis wrote:
His name is Joseph Tucholski (R.I.P.)

Thank you all again.

Please accept our condolences. I have been trying to find time to scan these prayers from the Raccolta, which I thought you (and others) might appreciate, if you don't have them already. We're offering one of them each night for your father. May he rest in peace.

FAITHFUL DEPARTED

O Lord Jesus Christ, King of glory, deliver the souls of all the faithful departed from the pains of hell and from the bottomless pit; deliver them out of the lion’s mouth, lest hell should swallow them up, lest they fall into the outer darkness; but let Thy standard- bearer, Saint Michael, bring them back into Thy holy light, which Thou didst promise of old to Abraham and to his seed (Roman Missal)
An indulgence of 3 years.
A plenary indulgence once a month on the usual conditions, if this prayer is devoutly said daily (S. P. Ap., Sept. 12, 1935).

Dómine lesu Christe, Rex gloriae, libera animas ómnium fidélium defunctórum de poenis inférni et de profundo lacu; libera eas de ore leónis, ne absórbeat eas tártarus, ne cadant in obscurum; sed signifer sanctus Michael repraeséntet eas in lucem sanctam, quam olim Abrahae promisisti et sémini eius.
(ex Missali Romano).

O God, who hast commanded us to honor our father and our mother; in Thy mercy have pity on the souls of my father and mother, (or, the soul of my father, or, the soul of my mother,) and forgive them their trespasses (or, forgive him his trespasses, or, forgive her her trespasses) and make me to see them (or him, or, her) again in the joy of everlasting brightness. Through Christ our Lord. Amen (Roman Missal).
A plenary indulgence under the usual conditions, if the devout recitation of this prayer be continued every day for a month (S. P. Ap., Sept. 12. 1935

Deus, qui nos patrem et matrem honoráre praecepisti; miserére cleménter animábus patris et matris meae [Si pro patre tantum recitetur oratio, dicatur: animae patris mei eiusque peccata dimitte; meque eum …. — Si pro matre tantum, dicatur; animae matris me eiusque peccata dimitte; meque eum…] eorumque peccáta dimitte: meque eos in aeternae claritátis gáudio fac vidére. Per Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen (ex Missali Romano).

O God, who in the ranks of the Apostolic Priesthood hast caused Thy servants to be invested with the pontifical or priestly dignity; grant, we beseech Thee, that they also may be joined unto the everlasting fellowship of the same Thy priests. Through Christ our Lord. Amen (Roman Missal).
A plenary indulgence once a month, under the usual conditions, if this prayer is said daily (S. P. Ap., Oct. 25, 1936).

Deus, qui inter apostólicos sacerdótes fámulos tuos pontificali seu sacerdotáli fecisti dignitáte vigére, praesta, quaesumus, ut eórum quoque perpétuo aggregéntur consórtio. Per Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen (ex Missali Romano).

(For a man deceased)
Incline Thine ear, O Lord, unto our prayers, wherein we humbly pray Thee to show Thy mercy upon the soul of Thy servant N., whom Thou hast commanded to pass out of this world, that Thou wouldst place him in the region of peace and light, and bid him be a partaker with Thy Saints. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

(For a woman deceased)
We beseech Thee, O Lord, according to Thy loving kindness, have mercy upon the soul of Thy handmaiden N., and, now that she is set free from the defilements of this mortal flesh, restore her to her heritage of everlasting salvation. Through Christ our Lord. Amen (Roman Missal).
An indulgence of 500 days for each prayer.
A plenary indulgence on the usual conditions. if either of these prayers is said devoutly every day for a month (S. P. Ap., March 14, 1923 and June 24, 1936).

NOTE: A prayer to Our Blessed Lady of Intercession for the faithful departed is found under n. 399.

Pro defuncto nominatim
Inclina, Dómine, aurem tuam ad preces nostras, quibus rnisericórdiam tuam supplices deprecámur, ut ánimam fámuli tui N., quam de hoc saeculo migráre iussisti, in pacis ac lucis regióne constituas et Sanctórum tuórum iubeas esse consórtem. Per Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen.

Pro defuncta nominatim
Quaesumus Dómine, pro tua pietáte miserére ánimae fámulae tuae N., et a contágiis mortalitátis exutam, in aeternae salvatiónis partem restitue. Per Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen (ex Missali Romano)

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Profile E-mail