It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:11 am

I am begging, BEGging for earnest prayers 

New post I am begging, BEGging for earnest prayers
I need prayers from good Catholics all over the world, I hope in your charity you will help my daughter.

Renee who just turned 46 has spent most of her married life praying for a baby. She finally adopted two and we thanked God.
She fell in love with both of them, and at the tender age of one month before her son was only three years old, he died of Rocky Mt. Fever. We all grieved and still do each day for him, although knowing he is with God our only comfort.
Renee in her grief asked what saint in heaven lost a child, not knowing I told her to pray to St.Theresa of the child Jesus, who lost several baby brothers. She prayed and prayed for a hope to live, as she herself wanted to die.
Renee and her husband went to venerate the bones of St. Theresa when Rome sent them around the world that year. They traveled to Seattle and pressed their memorial picture of their son to the relic through the glass.
Nine months later and on the feast day of St. Theresa she gave birth to a son, on Oct. 3.
Since then she gave birth to a daughter and another son. So now she has these three young children, the youngest not even 4 years old.

You can just imagine our sorrow and joy through all the above.

Now she is diagnosed with cancer, and on May 16 will have extensive surgery to remove it, followed by chemo.

God answered her prayers and gave her the will to live again, with the birth of these 3 children and a now teen age daughter who needs her. She is a good mother, who puts her children before herself always.

We are all trying to be brave and resign ourself to the Will of God, but maybe it is God's Will that we all pray for her, and He in His mercy will again give us a miracle.

Thank you, Myrna

Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:32 pm

New post Re: I am begging, BEGging for earnest prayers
Dear Myrna--you and your entire family, especially Renee and her family, all have our prayers! I do not know Renee and her family well...I see them from time to time when I am able to attend Masses at MSM, and they have been there in pious attendance as well. She and her family are beautiful. Your family has (all) been such an inspiration to me over the years. I do remember when your young little grandson died. It was such a loss...I know is up in heaven interceeding for his dear mom, and the entire family. My heart goes out to you and your entire family as you go through the process of the cancer with Renee. Please...if there is anything you need, beyond prayers, let us know. My family and I would be glad to assist you and your family in any way we can. Until then...you are all in our prayers! God be with you and bless you all.

TheresaO

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:01 pm
Site Admin

Myrna wrote:
We are all trying to be brave and resign ourself to the Will of God, but maybe it is God's Will that we all pray for her, and He in His mercy will again give us a miracle.

What a glorious story!

Of course we'll pray for you all. Thank you for asking us.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:34 pm
Profile E-mail

I am sure many of us can relate in some way to Myrna's circumstance of having a loved one, be it a family member or friend or know of others struggling with the horrible diagnosis of cancer in some personal way. When my mom received her diagnosis about 3 years ago, of colon cancer, a CMRI sister, whom we have known for now many, many years, passed along the following prayer to St. Peregrine. My mom has prayed this prayer daily, since receiving it. She is, praise God, currently in remission. Our prayers, especially to St. Peregrine, are with Myrna, and her family, during this time. I shall post it, for those who wish to pray it for their own aide, or for their loved ones, and do not have such a prayer:

Novena to St. Peregrine
O great St. Peregrine, you who have been called “The Mighty” and “The Wonder-Worker” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you. For so many years you bore in you own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His cross to heal your affliction. As of God and Our Lady, the care of these sick persons who we entreat to you. Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity a song of gratitude for his great Goodness and Mercy. Amen.

TheresaO

Sun May 04, 2008 10:42 pm

Thank you Therese, I am printing it out. Someone from Church gave her the statue of the Saint a few weeks ago.

Mon May 05, 2008 5:13 pm

I'll add her to my latest Rosary Novena (54 days), and have a Mass offered for her.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:14 am
Profile E-mail